It was my daughter’s second birthday recently and I made her a quilt, I have a rather idealistic notion that I might make her one every year. Though last year I cheated and gave her one I had made my grandmother before her death.
But Miss will be going from a cot to a proper bed soon and she needed a full size cover.
The quilt is a mix of fabrics from different sources; pink seersucker from my mum, green sheeting from I can’t remember where, retro style purple print quilt covers from a second hand shop, pink and green hearts from a friend and pretty country style florals new from the local fabric shop.
It is edged with purple gingham, backed with pink gingham and edged with popping purple bias tape.
I am really pleased with how it turned out though the photo taken in the back yard doesn’t really do it justice.
I chose a simple block design of squares because that I knew I could complete easily in the evenings, using the print fabrics in the 4 block squares and plains on the large squares.
I have enough fabric left over to make some matching cushion covers too, some of which may make their way into the shop.
Close up of the squares, though again the colours don’t really come across.